Autor Wątek: Info: Contributing models for Train Driver 2  (Przeczytany 1068 razy)

0 użytkowników i 1 Gość przegląda ten wątek.

Offline jakhajay

• Special Guest
  • Siła reputacji: 4
  • jakhajay pracownik torowy
  • Distance Travelled: 17km
  • Trains Routed: 2
Contributing models for Train Driver 2
« dnia: 25 Listopad 2015, 22:57:00 »
Hey there everyone.

I've been having a look at all the models you guys have been putting in and they look fantastic! Just have a few instructions to make things easier for everyone (including me ;) )

• Please export the models from the program you use to the .FBX format. This is a pretty universal format, and these are the ones Unity will convert them to anyway.
  • Please put all the textures into a single file. It's a real pain in the butt to re-skin or adjust the textures if they're in a million small files.
  • Simplify as much as you can. I.e. flat planes with no bits that stick out (such as the station name signs) should have at most 2 triangles.
  • Vehicles (cars etc.) don't need interiors. Just make a specular map (instructions later) and make the windows reflective.
  • Only signalboxes should have see through windows. These should have a single face, which points outward (so you can only see it from the outside). When importing, the existing material  Models>SignalBox>Materials>glass_window should be used to get that transparent but still reflective effect which the windows on signalbox_01 have :)

By keeping these in mind, we can speed up development :)