Hey there everyone.
I've been having a look at all the models you guys have been putting in and they look fantastic! Just have a few instructions to make things easier for everyone (including me
- Please export the models from the program you use to the .FBX format. This is a pretty universal format, and these are the ones Unity will convert them to anyway.
- Please put all the textures into a single file. It's a real pain in the butt to re-skin or adjust the textures if they're in a million small files.
- Simplify as much as you can. I.e. flat planes with no bits that stick out (such as the station name signs) should have at most 2 triangles.
- Vehicles (cars etc.) don't need interiors. Just make a specular map (instructions later) and make the windows reflective.
- Only signalboxes should have see through windows. These should have a single face, which points outward (so you can only see it from the outside). When importing, the existing material Models>SignalBox>Materials>glass_window should be used to get that transparent but still reflective effect which the windows on signalbox_01 have
By keeping these in mind, we can speed up development